The goal of Blue Touch is to identify clinical, financial, environmental or other issues that may adversely impact health or compliance outcomes with the prescribed plan of care, while maintaining trust between the patient and their healthcare provider.
The program works to coordinate the member's benefits with the physician's care during and following an acute illness episode including long-term goals for the member. This is one way that members can manage their healthcare benefits and remove barriers to optimal health outcomes.
The care management program emphasizes on episode management according to the member's benefits and their individualized needs during and after an episodic illness.
Care management always seeks preventive care opportunities for enrolled members and looks to fill the gaps in evidence-based care.
Value to Physicians
- We recognize that the plan of care that physicians establish with their patients is important. Referring your patients to Blue Touch is one step in helping them coordinate and stay compliant with your plan of care.
You as a physician of a patient enrolled in the Blue Touch program will benefit by:
- Improved patient adherence to your plan of care
- Patients that are more educated on their illness
- Receiving assistance from our case managers with the coordination of healthcare services for your patients
Areas of Case Management
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Comprehensive General Case Management
- Coronary Heart Disease
- CVA (Stroke)
- Long term levels of care
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Special Needs Children
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Physicians receive the following when their patient enrolls:
- Written or telephonic notification if their patient is receiving ongoing nurse calls along with the nurse's contact information.
- Notification of their patients who may be in need of healthcare services via a care coordination nurse call.
- Patient referral by Blue Cross nurses when member does not have an established patient-physician relationship.
- Access to claims-based Blue Health Records with up to three years of claims history (through iLinkBLUE)
How can I contact a nurse?
If you wish to contact a nurse to inquire about our programs, please call the Case and Disease Management Unit at 1.800.317.2299.
To refer a member for a care management program:
Complete the CMDM Referral Form and fax it to 1.800.267.6548.