Blue Cross offers many online services that require secure access. Blue Cross requires that each provider organization designate at least one administrative representative to self-manage user access to our secure online services. These services include applications such as:
- BCBSLA Authorizations
- Behavioral Health Authorizations
- Pre-Service Review for Out-of-Area Members (for BlueCard® members)
- and more (as we develop new services)
An administrative representative is:
- A person at your organization who will serve as the key person for delegating access to our secure online services to appropriate users for the provider
- A person who agrees to adhere to Blue Cross’ guidelines
- A person who will only grant access to those employees who legitimately must have access in order to fulfill their job responsibilities
- A person who promptly terminates employee access when an employee changes roles or terminates employment
To register your administrative representative:
- Determine who at your organization should be an administrative representative
- Complete the Administrative Representative Registration Packet
- Send completed documents to our Provider Identity Management Team at:
Once your administrative representative is registered, they will receive a welcome email.
The registration process is not immediate. Please allow 7-10 business days for us to complete the registration process.