Blue Cross offers many online services that require secure access. Blue Cross requires that each provider organization designate at least one administrative representative to self-manage user access to our secure online services. These services include applications such as:
- BCBSLA Authorizations
- Behavioral Health Authorizations
- Pre-Service Review for Out-of-Area Members (for BlueCard® members)
- and more (as we develop new services)
An administrative representative is:
- A person at your organization who will serve as the key person for delegating access to our secure online services to appropriate users for the provider
- A person who agrees to adhere to Blue Cross’ guidelines
- A person who will only grant access to those employees who legitimately must have access in order to fulfill their job responsibilities
- A person who promptly terminates employee access when an employee changes roles or terminates employment
To register your administrative representative:
- Determine who at your organization should be an administrative representative
- Complete the Administrative Representative Registration Packet
- Send completed documents to our Provider Identity Management Team at:
Once your administrative representative is registered, we will send an email with detailed instructions on how to log into our Security Setup Tool.
The registration process is not immediate. Please allow 7-10 business days for us to complete the registration process.